Our family settled in Dripping Springs in the fall of 2000. We have lived here over 17 years. We specifically chose this community because of the outstanding school system here.
My husband James and I have been married over 40 years. Our three children all graduated from DSHS with honors, and all are successfully employed professionals. We deeply appreciate the excellent academic base they received here in DSISD.
We are members at Austin Oaks Church, where I teach in the children’s department. We have been leaders in the Boy Scouts program. When our children were in school, we were proud DS band supporters as well.
- Education and Honors
- M.Ed. Texas State University, Educational Administration, 2008
- B.S. Ed. Abilene Christian University, 1974
- Teacher of the Year at Zilker Elementary Campus, Austin ISD, 1977
- Outstanding Young Women of America, 1986
- Austin ISD Teacher Leadership 2008
My teaching career includes working as a public school and private school teacher both in Texas and Oklahoma.
I am currently a retired Texas public school teacher with a passionate desire to protect children and serve this community.
- My Philosophy
- Children First.
- Plan for safety.
- Listen to the community and respond graciously.
- Be transparent.